Notice of Vacancies
The following volunteer official positions are up for election:
Board of Directors: There is one (1) position up for election. The position will be for a three (3)-year term. The Nominating Committee has nominated the following person for this position: Norman Alexander (incumbent).
Petition Procedures: In addition to the candidate nominated by the Nominating Committee, qualified members may be nominated by Petition. This procedure requires that the nominee must submit a petition with signatures of at least 500 members of AltaOne Federal Credit Union and a statement signed by the nominee indicating willingness to serve if elected to the board. Petitions must reach the Nominating Committee Chair, P.O. Box 1209, Ridgecrest, California 93556-1209, no later than Monday, February 24, 2020. Petitions hand carried to Office of the President at the Corporate Office, 701 South China Lake Boulevard in Ridgecrest, will be considered delivered to the Committee Chair.
The petition must conform to the following requirements:
- Minimum of 500 valid signatures of AltaOne members.
- Signatures must be accompanied with printed name and full address.
- Only the primary member on a valid account may sign.
- Only voting members may sign petitions.
- A voting member may sign any given candidate petition only once.
- The Supervisory Committee shall serve as the final judge as to the validity of member signatures.
- A voting member must be 16 years of age by December 31, 2020; must be a natural person; and is allowed only one vote regardless of the number of accounts held.
Employees of AltaOne Federal Credit Union and members of their immediate families are not eligible for nomination in accordance with the Credit Union’s bylaws. If the number of nominees equals the number of vacancies, the candidates nominated may be declared elected and no other balloting conducted. Such declaration would be conducted at the Annual Meeting of the Membership, Tuesday, April 7, 2020.