We are firming our core ...
No, we are not referring to our mid-section. However, like our bodies, a healthy, toned credit union core is crucial to our operation. The core is a database that executes major functions such as opening and managing accounts, originating and servicing loans, processing cash deposits and withdrawals, posting transactions, calculating interest, maintaining member information and more.
At AltaOne, we are committed to providing quality products, exceptional service and cutting-edge technology. To improve and expand the products and services offered to all members, we will make exciting enhancements with our database upgrade.
Core benefits and improvements
New cutting-edge devices
- Check scanners – The new check scanners allow us to scan checks immediately for faster processing.
- ID scanners – Member Service Representatives scan your ID card so we can positively identify you.
If you are enrolled in eStatements you now also receive electronic notices (for example, certificate maturity notices), viewable in the same place as your eStatements within AltaOne Online Banking.
Debit card split payment
A new debit card feature allows for split payments. For example, if you shop at the grocery store and you spend $100, but there is only $80 in your account, the transaction posts $80 from your account, and you may use an alternative payment method for the remaining $20.
ATM cash deposits
The enhancements eliminate holds placed on cash deposits made at any AltaOne ATM machine that takes deposits.
Skip-A-Pay (loan payments)
The enhancements provide flexibility, allowing you to use the Skip-A-Pay loan program up to two times within a 12-month span, provided there is a five-month gap between skips.
In addition, the $29 fee is now debited from your Share Savings or Share Draft Checking account. The fee is no longer applied to your loan balance. Click here
for details on how to apply.
- Your account is in good standing
- Your loan is current
- Your loan is not delinquent
- Your loan is opened at least 90 days
- No consecutive skips
- The $29 fee is non-refundable
- Exclusions may apply
Business accounts and loans
If you have a business loan with AltaOne, these enhancements are coming your way.
- Access your business loan information directly from Online Banking.
- Obtain an advance on your business line of credit through Online Banking, without contacting AltaOne.
- Our enhanced business loan billing notices are easier to read.
Frequently asked questions
Our upgrade is “no sweat” for you.
Will my account number(s) stay the same?
Yes, account numbers stay the same.
What other services will the enhancement affect?
- Account and loan suffixes now include three leading zeroes.
- If you have set up account nicknames, they remain the same.
- If you have multiple accounts and loans with no nicknames, they will look different in Online Banking. For example, if you have an auto loan for a 2014 Honda Civic, instead of displaying as ‘Auto Loan’ it displays as ‘2014 Honda Civic.’
- If you use direct deposit, the correct direct deposit account number is displayed when you click on an account.
- If you are a Quicken® user, you need to modify your Quicken setting to ensure the smooth transition of your data following our system upgrade. Instructions to assist you are available at AltaOne.org.
Are the statements going to change?
- If you use AltaOne’s VoiceOne system, please log in to select a new PIN.
The regular account statement and Visa® credit card statement remain the same. Our Business Lending members will soon see a redesigned business lending billing notice after the upgrade. You may see some slight changes to your periodic statement, including:
- Account numbers shown on statements are now masked, except for the last three digits.
- Share account types are more descriptive. For example, a certificate displays on your statement with the term “24 month certificate.”
- Loan account types are more descriptive. For example, an auto loan displays vehicle make, model and year; or a home equity line of credit displays the property address.