Learn more about AltaOne's Explore Sweepstakes today!
(760) 371-7000 | (800) 433-9727
EXPLORE SWEEPSTAKES - OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
2. EACH SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY WILL HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE AN INDIVIDUAL ENTRY’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
3. Consumer Disclosure: Odds of winning based upon the number of entries. Based upon the Credit Union’s estimate of entries for each drawing, the odds of winning drawing are:
First or Second Mortgage Loan (1) Grand Prize 1 in 170 [or, “1: 170”]
4. Sponsor: AltaOne Federal Credit Union (“the Credit Union”) is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. The Credit Union’s business address is: 701 S. China Lake Blvd., Ridgecrest, CA 93555.
5. Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins April 15, 2017 and ends October 15, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
6. Eligibility: Credit Union employees, officials, and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. To qualify for the Sweepstakes, entrants must be at least 18 years of age and a member in good standing throughout the Sweepstakes and at the time of the prize drawing. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Credit Union. Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law.
7. Sweepstakes Entries: Members who apply for new qualifying AltaOne mortgage loan products from April 15, 2017 through October 15, 2017 which fund on or before November 30, 2017, will receive one (1) automatic entry to the drawing. Limit one entry per loan application. Members may also enter the drawings by printing “2017 Explore Sweepstakes” on one side of a 3" x 5" card, and printing their name, address, telephone number, and email address on the other side. Mail cards to:
ATTN: Marketing Department
AltaOne Federal Credit Union
PO Box 1209
Ridgecrest, CA 93556
Limit of one mailed-in entry per Member. Illegible writing or incomplete information disqualifies write-in entries. No copies, mechanical reproductions, or metered mail accepted. Mail-in entries must be received by October 15, 2017. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. The Credit Union is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, damaged, postage-due or illegible entries or mail. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Credit Union and will not be acknowledged or returned.
8. Prize Drawings: The drawing for the Grand Prizes takes place December 1, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. at 701 S. China Lake Blvd., Ridgecrest, CA 93555. All eligible entries received on or before 11:59 p.m. on October 15, 2017 qualify for a prize drawing. First and second mortgage applications received by October 15, 2017, must fund no later than the close of business on November 30, 2017 to qualify. Winners need not be present and will be notified by telephone and/or mail, and/or email no later than December 8, 2017. Winners will be posted on our website. Prizes made available as of January 2, 2018. Winners must claim prize by January 26, 2018. Grand Prize Drawing/First or Second Mortgage: One (1) winner awarded a home improvement package valued at $2,500.
9. Liability/General Rules: The Credit Union is not responsible for any loss which may occur in connection with the Sweepstakes. Entrant agrees to hold the Credit Union harmless from any liability arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, receipt, possession, or misuse of the prize. The Credit Union and each of its officers, directors, employees, members, and representatives and agents are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss, or other damages of entrants and/or winners arising from, or in connection with, acceptance, receipt, possession, or use/misuse of prizes awarded or participation in this Sweepstakes. The Credit Union is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Sweepstakes. Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, or transferred by winners. The Credit Union reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the featured prizes become unavailable for any reason. The Credit Union reserves the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow these Official Rules or who make any misrepresentations relative to the Sweepstakes and redemption of a prize.
10. Tax Issues: The Credit Union will report all prize winnings to the appropriate state and federal agencies as required by applicable law. Winners are responsible for all tax consequences (if any) of the prizes.
11. Publicity Authorization: Each winner agrees to permit the Credit Union to utilize his/her name and likeness in promotional and other Credit Union materials, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
12. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Credit Union in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA, without regard to choice of law rules.
13. NOTICE OF BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT: You and we agree to attempt to informally settle any disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded. If that cannot be done, you and we agree that upon the election of either you or us any claim or dispute arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved by BINDING ARBITRATION administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules and Mediation Procedures and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. As a result, you will GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights under these Official Rules (EXCEPT for matters within SMALL CLAIMS COURT jurisdiction). You acknowledge that by agreeing to BINDING ARBITRATION you understand and agree to the following terms:
- Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury. You understand and agree that YOU ARE WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY. -- Arbitration proceedings provide you a FAIR HEARING, BUT the arbitration procedures are SIMPLER AND MORE LIMITED THAN RULES APPLICABLE IN COURT. -- Arbitration decisions are as enforceable as any court order and are subject to VERY LIMITED REVIEW BY A COURT. -- ARBITRATORS can award the same REMEDIES including DAMAGES that a COURT can award. -- Any ARBITRATION under these Official Rules WILL BE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. You understand and agree that YOU ARE WAIVING THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS MEMBER IN A CLASS ACTION. -- The PLACE OF ARBITRATION shall be in the federal district WHERE YOU RESIDE. -- WE WILL REIMBURSE YOU FOR ANY FILING, ADMINISTRATION, AND ARBITRATOR FEES as imposed by the American Arbitration Association. However, if the arbitrator determines that YOUR CLAIM IS FRIVOLOUS, UNWARRANTED, OR BROUGHT FOR AN IMPROPER PURPOSE (in accordance with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure Section 11(b)) YOU WILL RETURN TO US ANY FILING, ADMINISTRATION, AND ARBITRATOR FEES WE PAID. -- If YOU PREVAIL on the merits of your claim in arbitration, WE WILL PAY YOUR ATTORNEYS’ FEES. You will NOT be required to pay OUR ATTORNEYS’ FEES IF WE PREVAIL.
FOR MORE DETAILS, check the American Arbitration Association’s website, www.adr.org, OR call the American Arbitration Association’s Customer Service telephone number at (800) 778-7879.