As AltaOne Federal Credit Union completes its system upgrade, you will need to modify your QuickBooks settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data. Please reference the dates next to each task as this information is time sensitive.
To complete these instructions, you will need your User ID and Password for each Financial Institution.
You should perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your online banking connectivity may stop functioning properly. This process should take 15–30 minutes.
Thank you for making these important changes.
Documentation and Procedures
Task 1: Conversion Preparation
1. Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose the Help
menu and use
the Search bar available at the top. Search for Back Up
and follow the instructions on screen.
The first time you do a backup, QuickBooks will guide you through setting backup preferences.
2. Download the latest QuickBooks Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help
menu and use the Search bar available at the top. Search for Update QuickBooks
Check for QuickBooks Updates
and follow the instructions.
Task 2: Disconnect Accounts at AltaOne on or after July 5, 2017.
1. Choose Lists
menu > Chart of Accounts
2. Select the account you want to deactivate.
3. Choose Edit
menu > Edit Account
4. In the Edit Account
window, click the Online Settings
5. In the Online Account Information
window, choose Not Enabled
from the Download Transaction
list and click Save
6. Click OK
for any dialog boxes that may appear with the deactivation.
7. Repeat steps for each account to be disconnected.
Task 3: Reconnect Accounts to AltaOne on or after July 5, 2017.
1. Log in to AltaOne Federal Credit Union and download your QuickBooks Web Connect File.
|NOTE: Take note of the date you last had a successful connection. If you have overlapping dates in the web-connect process, you may end up with duplicate transactions.
2. Click File
> From Web Connect
3. If prompted for connectivity type, select Web Connect
4. The Account Association
window displays during setup. For each account you wish to download into QuickBooks, click Select an Account
to choose the appropriate existing account register.
|IMPORTANT: Do NOT select “New” under the action column.
5. Click Continue
6. Click OK
to any informational prompts.
7. Add or match all downloaded transactions in the Downloaded Transactions
8. Repeat steps for each account to be reconnected.